Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, July 23, 2012

23 July 2012


Magandang Hapon po!
Kamusta sa inyong lahat!
It was a really interesting experience to be taught by a General Authority this week. It is an opportunity that doesn't happen too often, so it was a pleasure to be a part of it. In order to be in Cauayan in time at the crack of dawn, we had to spend the night at another apartment in which I was reminded that I was grateful for the apartment I had instead of theirs. To make it even better, there were only 3 mattresses for the 4 of us so we had to squish them together and get nice and cozy with each other for our 3 hour nap/sleep that we could get before having to wake up in time to leave. And of course once we hurried to get there, we waited impatiently for about 2 hours before it started. Not sure who planned all of that... Haha. During the luncheon, I was able to sit next to Elder and Sister Teh and chat with them for a little bit. They are surprisingly young for being called to a lifetime calling! Super nice people (as to be expected). In the evening, we also attended a fireside in which he emphasized the importance of one of the area goals-feasting upon the words of Christ. By the time we got back at night, we were hammered from all the traveling, thinking, and lack of sleep. But it was all worth it. 
Sis. Carlos also made me go to the doctor to have a rash checked out on my arms and legs. Doesn't hurt or anything...just itches. I've had it for a couple weeks now but it seems to be going down after getting hooked up with some drugs. I have to go back to Cauayan this week for another check up, but i'm not worried about it. I'm more upset that I have to spend the day traveling and spending more money rather than going to our appointments, haha. And now Mom will have something to fuss and stew about until I write again next week. You're welcome! 
Yesterday we went to a house that usually the dog comes out to greet us and say hello, but instead it was off to the side quartered up being barbecued over a little fire. Kind of weird to see just the legs and head laying side by side. They said it got sick so I guess they couldn't just let the meat go to waste! Luckily we were just passing through so we didn't have the privilege of tasting it. Maybe next time.
It is getting more and more interesting being able to work with the Shaners each Sunday to help teach and organize meetings. It is nice to see that the Tagalog I used to struggle with isn't as hard anymore and I am actually able to translate decently. It is certainly amazing how much can be learned just from the 1 year I have been away. I have come to realize more and more that a mission is just as much for the missionary as it is for the people we are here to teach. 
Thank you for being you and don't forget who you are this week!
Mahal Kita,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment