Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, July 22, 2013

22 July 2013

Gumagaling na ako!
(I am getting better)

Well, I am still here in the mission home living like a king. I have been able to walk around with a big limp for the last several days now, so I am making progress. It is better than hopping around everywhere on one foot. My left hand is slowly getting better too so I can use it a lot more. The swelling in my nose has mostly gone down, but it still looks pretty cool with the green and yellow bruising around my eyes. I only had one black eye, but it went away after a couple days. I'm sure I'll still have a scab/scar on my nose when I get back next week. My leg/ankle is really my only problem now, 
but at least it looks pretty cool with the rainbow of colors due to the bruising. It looks like a tennis ball is stuck inside my foot with how big my ankle is swollen. I've been doing my best at keeping it elevated all the time and starting to get brave and do some mini stretching to get it moving more. On Friday we went to a doctor for a check up, and he said I need to keep it elevated for 2 weeks and keep walking to a minimum. At that moment I realized that my life as a missionary as I know it is over. There is no way I can walk around and teach lessons and talk to people, unless I work with the Assistants to the President, because they are the only ones that proselyte with a car (which is what I did a few days ago). That was a very weird feeling to realize that my life as a missionary is basically over. To stay busy, I have been doing a lot of reading, watching church movies, and talking with Pres. and Sis. Rahlf. I even went to the office to shred papers for a while, and probably will continue to do so for the rest of the week. Right now, my new companion is E. Odom because he got Typhoid fever and was in the hospital for about 3 days, so now he is at the mission home too. It is starting to turn into a sick ward over here! Together, we make a pretty pathetic companionship between me limping like an old man and taking so many drugs and him getting dizzy if he moves around too much. Before he got here, I didn't have a companion, and there were some times I was the only one home. That was weird. President Rahlf told me I am getting a taste of going home a few weeks early. On Saturday I went with them to some baptisms in Santiago and here in Cauayan. Of course everyone that saw me had to ask what happened. 
Tomorrow I think we are going to Lamut to talk to the police because the mother of the guy that hit me keeps asking us when they will get their family motor back. But after that, we will come back to mission home. I am guessing by Saturday I'll be back in Lamut just so I can go to church, say goodbye to people, and pack my bags just in time to come back to Cauayan to get stitches out and prepare to fly out. Not exactly what I was anticipating for my last 2 weeks of mission, but, not much else I can do about it. 
Even though I can't do too much, I still keep asking them if there is anything I can do because I don't want to waste any time and I want to help out in any way I can. On the bright side, it is nice to have extra time to study and learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Oh how perfect his Gospel is, and the more we study and live it, the more we realize it. 
Thank you for your prayers. 
Mahal ko kayo,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment