Philippines Cauayan Mission

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

22 April 2013


Magandang Hapon!

Kumusta sa inyong lahat!
Happy birthday party to Jenna! Haha next year maybe we can just combine ours. I was super surprised to see how big Jenna and Gracie are now. Weird. I ended up being rather spoiled this week because on Wednesday we ended up going to the mission home again to have another party. Elder Sulla and I were surprised and didn't really know what to expect because all we were told was be at the mission home at 6:30. Once we got there there were several other missionaries, including my batch from the MTC and Elder Allen, and we found out it was a party for the Assistants to the President because it is a tradition that they throw a party for every AP. That is the benefit of having an MTC buddy as an AP. :) We ended up sleeping over at the mission home too, which was super weird to sleep in aircon and take a warm shower. And for my birthday, I had my last interview with Pres. Carlos. Of course he came bearing treats. Overall, it was a pretty good week.
It has also been getting ridiculously hot lately and sometimes I feel like I will melt away and my whole body will just end up in a puddle of sweat. Even some of the asphalt on the streets is melting and is sticky to walk on. People are saying it is 40 celsius, which is about 104, then add the humidity. If you ask me, I think it is about the same temperature as the sun. It is also fun at night when it decides to go on a random brownout. The other night I woke up in the middle of the night sweating, then I realized it was because the power was out and my fan was off. Good times in the Philippines. :) 
Earlier for P-day we invited some other Elders to our apartment as Elder Sulla made up another yummy lunch. I was surprised earlier when I was putting on my pants that I actually have to suck in a little bit to get them on. 
Gamu is continuing to progress very well, and we just gave a baptism commitment to one of our investigators. She is 16 and already has a baby, but she is also the caretaker of her 8 year old brother because her dad is a drunkard and left many years ago, and her mom working in Saudi Arabia for 3 years to earn some money. Her husband (that she isn't married to yet) is working several hours away from here carrying rocks from a river and loading them onto a truck to make money. It made me appreciate the importance of having a good family structure because once parents leave like that, it is very difficult for children to stay on the right path and do what is right. When I asked her about how she could tell that this is the true church, she replied that when she prayed about it, it felt like her hairs stood up as a warm feeling passed through her and that if she had any doubts, she wouldn't be coming to church every week and asking to be taught by us. 
Thank you for all of your support and everything you do. Thanks mom and Nat for getting my classes all worked out for Utah State. Hopefully they are all still classes I want to take. Haha.
Mahal ko kayo,
Elder Nay


No comments:

Post a Comment