Philippines Cauayan Mission

Thursday, September 6, 2012

3 Sept 2012


Magandang Hapon po!

Kamusta na po kayo!?
Weird to think I am emailing you again. Seems like I just barely emailed you! This week was interesting because it was my first time having to be the one to train a stake presidency and all the bishops in the stake. It was just weird to be in charge of presenting information and training to people with callings like that. It was all good though and now hopefully the new converts will be better off because of it. The stake president here is way cool and we are at his house several times a week eating and coordinating missionary work with him. 
I also had the fun time of experiencing my first earthquake. It was kind of a cool feeling to be sitting down and feel everything move for a second. Luckily it wasn't very big and lasted only for about 5 seconds, but now I can officially say I've been in an earthquake. I know mom is really jealous right now.
This week will officially mark my one year in the Philippines. Pretty crazy to think I have officially been living here for over a year now. Before I know it, I'll be home again! Time only goes by faster and faster the longer I am out. Makes me appreciate time a lot more-it doesn't last very long so we better make it count while it lasts. 
While trying to hunt down a less active this week, we found a new investigator family and the dad enjoyed every second of our visit because he couldn't believe that 2 people like us would do nothing but go around telling people that we have a God that loves us, families can be together forever, and we have a prophet to help guide us. He told us several times how grateful he was to be able to find out how his family can be together forever and how we truly bear "good news" to people. Little does he know, that is the definition of the word Gospel! It truly is good news for people to hear something as basic as those 3 principles. 
Well, not sure what else to tell you that I havn't told you before. I'm assuming that you are all alive seems how I havn't gotten any emails, but keep on keeping on!
Mahal kita,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment