Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, August 27, 2012

27 August 21012


Magandang hapon po!
Kamusta pos a inyong lahat!
Thanks for your emails and updates! It is always great to hear from everyone. Sounds like fun time is now a thing of the past as school and homework starts in full force. Good luck with all of that. I can laugh at you now because I don't have to worry about it, but don't worry, you can laugh at me next year when I am in the same situation.
This week was interesting because it was my first time going on exchanges with a newbie American, and was suddenly the one expected to know the language and be a trainer for a day. Training a new American is a lot different than training a new Fillipino, because at least they can speak and understand the language! Haha it brought back great memories of where I must have been just one year ago. It made me realize how far I have come with everything just from being out here 1 year. He even asked an onslaught of questions about culture, missionary life etc. that I must have had too at one point. I think my favorite was after our baptism on Saturday and he asked if all baptisms are that unorganized and different from baptisms back home. It made me realize how grateful I am for how well established the Church is back home. But, that is one of the reasons we are here-not only work with investigators and less actives, but the church leaders too. 
Saturday was busy attending baptisms, and it was fun to see the changes people have made in their lives to make their first covenants to God. It is always a bittersweet feeling to officially hand them over from under our authority as being the missionaries, to becoming an official member and under the authority of the bishop.
We also started teaching what started out as a referral to a college student, then once we got there, she went around the entire building to find everyone else that was there to bring them in on the lesson too. In the end, we ended up teaching 6 of them, all asking the simple questions of, "Why are there so many religions if we are supposed to have one faith?" and "What do I do in order to answer my questions and feel peace?" Those are always fun lessons to teach. 
Well, we are running short on time so I'm going to have to cut this a little short. Thanks for your support and emails. Keep up the good work on your end of the world.
Mahal Kita,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment