Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, August 20, 2012

20 August 2012


Magandang Hapon po!
Kamusta po sa inyo!
It has been a super busy week and we did a lot of traveling. We went to Cauayan (a 3 hour bus ride) for an overnight training/party, and I had many firsts for the mission. I had my first hot shower since the day I got here. It was kind of weird to not use a bucket of cold water, but I think I could get used to it if I was forced to. Haha. It was also my first night in my mission of sleeping in an air conditioned room. What a wonderful creation air conditioning is. I also realized how yummy Mexican food can be as I ate fajitas. The tortillas were specially bought by President in Manila because they can't be found here. Oh, and Root Beer floats are pretty good too. Just in case you had forgotten since it has probably been a whole week or so since you've had them last.
We are also super busy here in the ward and have many people to teach. I still havn't met a couple of our investigators or less actives because we havn't had time to go to them yet. We are pretty much always running everywhere we go and still can't find the time to do everything we want to do. I couldn't help but think of how different my mission is compared to Connor's mission after reading his email his mom has been sending. Hope he is enjoying the air conditioned car and apartment and awesome free food everywhere. I still don't know what it is like to have time to resort to 'knocking doors'. 
This Saturday will be fun and busy attending baptisms all day-2 of which are our investigators. One of them is the niece of the Stake President here, and the other is the niece of a high councilman here. They are both super excited and know this is what they need to be doing, despite the great sacrifices they are making. It is kind of fun and weird to be working so much with the stake president here. 
After talking to Elder Landeen last week, he told me a pretty cool story about a lady from Cabagan. Just a few weeks before I left Cabagan, we taught a less active family and then they insisted that we give a priesthood blessing to one of their neighbors, which was an older lady that just had a stroke and couldn't walk or talk very well. I didn't think of it too much at the time, because the way people are here they ask priesthood blessings for every little thing possible and for everybody. But, of course we gave a blessing as requested and I even remember Elder Aguila asking her if she had faith in Jesus Christ, to which she nodded yes. Now, about 6 months later, she is coming to church every week and walking, and now being taught by the missionaries. Not a bad story about how using the priesthood can bless the lives of others!
Anyways, God be with you til we write again.
Mahal Kita,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment