Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, September 10, 2012

10 September 2012


Magandang Hapon po!

Kamusta!
Good to hear from you all again! Sounds like a good time was had by all at the family reunion. Especially the part of being pelted with hail in the middle of the lake. Sounds like a typical thing to happen on a Nay outing. Glad you could all find enough time to get together and have fun for a few days. Especially exciting that Kyle could make it back in time to join. 
This week was just a typical week of traveling a bunch for meetings, appointments, and interviews. On Wednesday we "got" to wake up at 4:30 in the morning in order to make it to Cauayan on time for training and meetings. It is always nice to be taught by President Carlos, but I thought I had died and went to heaven when Sis. Carlos pulled out a blueberry and peach cobbler topped with ice cream. I also wondered how I will do when I get home with sweets because I was disappointed that I couldn't down as much as I could in my olden days. 
It was a weird first for me this week as I had the privilege of conducting my first baptism interview. Even though we were in the back section of a house of dirt floor and grass roof with the privacy of a few curtains, it was fun to listen to her (at the age of 14) bear a simple testimony about of all the different churches she has been to, this is the only one she has actually felt the Spirit in which is why she wants to get baptized as soon as possible. 
We also spent a great deal of time this week looking for apartments to be able to rent to split our area. With the increase of missionaries coming in next week, they need to go somewhere! It is really hard to find places to live here suitable for missionaries to live in. We asked the ward and stake to help us look, and with each house they told us to look at, we immediately knew we had wasted time and money looking at it. For some reason, people have a hard time understanding how picky we are by not being willing to live in a place with an open/tin roof and no kind of security bars around the windows. 
Earlier today we took a nice splurge to relax and celebrate my one year of being in the Philippines and went to a nicer restaurant to order a huge pizza and onion rings. I think those were my first onion rings since being home, so I enjoyed every one of them. Insane how fast time goes by.
Thanks for your support and everything you do/have done for me! May God bless you always,
Mahal Kita,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment