Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, June 25, 2012

11 June 2012


Magandang Hapon po!

Kamusta na po kayo!?
That is crazy that it is already time for another Lake Powell trip. It seems just like a few months ago I was hearing stories about how dad couldn't do anything because of his chopped off finger. It should be an interesting experience with just the few of you going but I'm sure it will be fun. It should be extra fun for Stuart being able to celebrate his birthday down there! Pretty weird that this will be the last Lake Powell trip I miss before I am back out there on the tubes. Hopefully I can remember how to swim because it's been a year of no getting in water! Haha. Hopefully dad will have a good time in his new hurl and twirl tube. That must be really weird and fun having a full house again-at least for a few weeks.
As expected, this was another crazy busy week which included having to wake up early in order to make it to Ilagan for Zone Conference on time-which is a trip that would probably only take about 30 minutes instead of over 2 hours if we had our own car instead of hopping from jeepneys and buses that go slow and stop every minute to drop and pick people up. But it is always nice to see Pres and Sis Carlos, especially when they bring really good carrot cake cupcakes. Elder Llorin received his package, and he was very surprised and happy to be able to say he has now received his first (and maybe his last) package on his mission. Every time he wears his deodorant now he comments about how good it smells and he doesn't have to have his pits hurt. And of course the jerky was a nice addition that we both benefited from. :) I can also say I've eaten dog for the first time. It was kind of weird to eat it and not think of Milo haha. It honestly didn't taste all that bad, but it is so bony its hard to pick off anything edible. I mostly just sucked on the bone for a minute and tried to clean off any meat. Welcome to the Philippines. :)
I customized me a new fanny pack so that I have one a little bigger. My other one was always just way too crammed. It looks really good and is made of surprisingly good quality-even the clips are real Kelty and it has a Camelbak logo on the back just for the effect. Apparently the guy used to work for Camelbak making bags so he knows what he is doing. It is pretty awesome to have a bag just as nice as my Mountainsmith for only 400 pesos.
Happy Fathers day to my favorite Dad this Sunday! It really is a privilege to come from a stable and awesome family. I didn't fully realize until out here on the mission how important a solid family really is, and compared to most of the world, there really aren't that many solid families. Needless to say, I am very lucky to be born into the Nay family and have all of you part of my life. Thanks again for everything you have done and have a great week in Lake Powell!
Mahal Kita,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment