Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, January 30, 2012

30 January 2012


Magandang Hapon!

Kamusta na kayo?
As always, great to hear from you. Doesn't sound like nothing too much has changed over there-babies are getting bigger, people getting married, going to work and school. I couldn't help but laugh a little about dad having a 15 hour church day, but then I realized that everyday for me for 2 years is a church day. Gotta love training! I think you are officially old grandparents now, trying to visit the grandchildren (and since you're there, visit your children) haha. 
This has definitely been one of the busiest weeks I've had here. It was weird going on splits this week because for the first time, I was with an American thats only been here about 2 months, meaning I was the one responsible for understanding and saying everything in Tagalog that we needed to. It was interesting to see what I probably was like not too long ago, to where I am now and able to get around all right. On Wednesday we had the privilege of eating 3 lunches back to back thanks to the fiesta here in Cabagan. At each meal we had to pace ourselves to save room for the next one. By the 3rd one, we were nice and fat. This week we had so many appointments we went on splits with ward members for 2 days so we could cover more ground. Hopefully I'm not killing Elder Aguila by how busy we are and him being in charge of leading lessons when I'm not there. Each day he comes back completely exhausted and straight to bed as soon as he can. I guess I've just gotten used to it by now. I am always having to remind myself to walk slower so his little legs can keep up with mine. Tomorrow is the baptism of Peter. He's definitely going to be one of the "golden investigators" I'll remember. I started teaching him back with Elder Tangi and it has been great to see him make it to this point. He is 21, and already planning on serving a mission in a year. He could have been baptized a little earlier, but he wanted it to be this Tuesday because that is his birthday. In a couple more weeks will be the baptism of Frederick, the one that showed up to church with his girlfriend and basically asked us to be baptized. We finally got the Bacod family to come to church, even though it meant them leaving there work for a few hours and risk being fired. Still praying for a better job for them that is more flexible. If they keep coming, they'll be baptized next month, along with a couple other investigators who are progressing well. It's great to see the fruits of working hard. It has been fun to be in Cabagan so long so I can see many of these people progress from investigator to active members. Its also more fun to actually be able to communicate with people and say what I want to say-how weird is that? Haha.
Oh, in your next package, if you could send some of those little pushup bar thingies that would be great. There used to be some laying around at home, not sure what has happened to them by now though. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something to make exercise a little easier. 
Well I don't really know what else to say... Nothing too much has changed! Too many things to do and not enough time to do it. Good luck with everything on your half of the world.
Mahal Kita,
Elder Nay


No comments:

Post a Comment