Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, March 19, 2012

19 March 2012



Magandang Hapon po sa inyong lahat!

Kamusta!
It has been quite a week for us here in the Philippines! As a result, it feels like it was just yesterday that I was writing you last. I'm sure mom feels the same way. :) We have been busting our butts off out here and it was interesting to count up our lessons and totals for the week to see the fruits of our labors. This has been the busiest week I have had, teaching a total of 27 lessons. For several weeks now every hour of every day has been filled with appointments and study or some kind of meeting. Tracting is now a thing of the past, as we just go straight from lesson to lesson because if we stop and talk we'll be late. But sometimes, we have some people come up to us and start up a conversation. We are still waiting for our order of extra Books of Mormon and pamphlets to arrive because we have now run out and some investigators keep asking us, "When are we going to get our Book of Mormon?". It's always a challenge during our weekly planning sessions to figure out who we are going to go to and how many times during the week. Because of so many different investigators and less actives we are visiting, we are having to reduce the number of times we visit them to 1 or 2 times a week, and sometimes even on an every other week basis. It has been fun to see the Cabagan area just explode with people that want to be taught and learn more. The average church attendance has also increased by about 35 since I have been here. But, a lot of that is also due to the members here having an increased desire to go out and do missionary work too. We always enjoy having members ask us if they can join us and as a result of some of them working with us so often, they have said their desire to go and serve a mission has increased, including the recent converts. I think my days here in Cabagan are numbered seems how I've been here for 7 months now and it will be sad and weird to leave this area to experience a different one. We didn't really realize how tired we were from working so hard until we started falling asleep during studies. I can't really think of any particular hysterical or spiritual moment this week because it has all just kind of blended together. 
It sounds like your week has been similarly busy with going to Georgia and such. The whole flying out of Provo thing sounds like a pretty slick deal! Hopefully by the time I go home next year the Church will be able to just ship me there instead of Salt Lake. I have to laugh at mom for being famous for her southern accent. A while ago a met a new Elder and couldn't help but ask where he was from because of his accent and turns out he is from Tennessee too. I'm glad you were both able to make it to the top of your grueling "hike" to the top of Stone Mountain. That's fun how you got to come home to a big snow storm. Reminds me of when we got back from the cruise last year and we were in our flip flops and pajamas driving through the huge snow storm from Vegas. Good times. You'll probably be in better shape than I am by the time I get home! I guess the only advantage I'll have is being an expert sweater. With the summer coming into full swing, the sweat rags are being used more and more. 
That's awesome that Mom is renewing her EMT again. I think Mom is going to die as an EMT for Mapleton Ambulance. I don't know what the city will do without you when you finally decide to pass on the batan to someone else! 
Well, sorry to be boring this week. Nothing but lessons, lessons, and more lessons, with a lot of sweat in between. Ingat!
Mahal Kita,
Elder Nay


No comments:

Post a Comment