Philippines Cauayan Mission

Friday, August 5, 2011

MTC Week # 5

Magandang Umaga!‏



From:
Michael Nay (michael.nay@myldsmail.net)
Sent:
Fri 8/05/11 5:04 PM
To:



Kamusta!
Well I have an announcement. Everybody should be really excited. I gained 9 lbs!!! Haha I can't even tell though... pants still fit the same, no gut or anything fun. Who would have thought that gaining weight was actually possible for me?? I'm not worried though. I might as well stack them on while I can because I'll sweat it all out within the first week of being in the Philippines.
I hope you enjoyed some of the pics. There isn't much to take pictures of seems how we just sit, walk to another builidng, and sit some more every day of the week. But about sending packages back through Art City, I asked the mailroom person about it and she said that some place in Provo is the closest place that does it. So... Someone is wrong somewhere! But I didn't care because it was only 88cents. I guess you are worth the splurge!
I am slightly upset I missed the Demo derby, sounds like it was awesome. I guess I'll just have to wait a year and 11 months! Can you believe I've already been gone a month? Crazy! It seems just like yesterday I was having my p-day. As the saying goes around here, "The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days".
And mom, I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to do with any vitamins if you sent them to me. I have never had them before why start now? Haha. I'm doing fine and once I get there I will get them for free. Those peaches you sent were awesome though. Everybody was jealous that I actually got to eat some fresh, real fruit. Good food (healthy or not) is a hot commodity around here. And everybody was amused that I was eating "gorilla poops". I had to explain to them that calling them no bakes is just not amusing enough. Besides, what sounds more appetizing than gorilla poops?
Before I forget, happy anniversary to my favorite mom and dad! I hope you do something fun to reward yourselves for being the worlds best parents. And Kyle and Aimee, happy anniversary to you next friday! Hope all is going well with school and the baby growing. Its the last anniversary without a screaming and pooping thing running around so enjoy it while you can!
I'm glad to hear that Milo misses me and my picture can keep him company. I miss that little guy. Are you sure you can't bring him over to dig a whole underneath the fence to say hello? Haha.
I am having to fight off several people each day trying to trade or steal my ties. I definitely have the most out of anyone. Its pretty funny how everynight people come by with their rack of measley ties and try to barter a deal-not just with me but with everyone. I can picture some of them being used car salesmen someday by trying to make the crappiest thing ever sound like the best thing ever. They forget that I am a Nay and can sniff out those deals from a mile away! Haha.
The Tagalog is tagging along (bad joke) with me okay. Certainly have a long ways to go, but at least I can bear my testimony and give a short prayer once I get there! My grammar is still terrible, but I can spit out some vocab and people can usually interpret what I am trying to say. I'm not stressed out about it though. It'll come when it comes (profound, I know).
Time to go. Hope you all have a good week and keep on keeping on!
Mahal kita,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment