Philippines Cauayan Mission

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Week 3 MTC

Magandang Tanghali!‏
 

From:
Michael Nay
Sent:
Fri 7/22/11 7:03 PM

Kamusta?! Are you missing me yet?


I'm beginning to understand why Bryan always wrote the same exact things in his emails because it really is just the same old stuff, different day! Haha. A typical schedule is get up, sit in class for a few hours, personal study for an hour, eat lunch, go to class for a couple hours, companionship study for an hour, language study for an hour, eat dinner, use the language learning software on the computers for an hour, sweat, and sometime during the day is gym for an hour. Elder Rostedt and I have been doing volleyball. We did horseshoes and frisbee for a while... but turns out I am absolutely terrible in both of those, so it wasn't much fun. Haha. The soccer field is always way too crowded and doesn't look like much fun with that many people playing. And depending on the time of day, it is way too hot to be doing that much running around. I have already decided I'm not going to adjust to the heat in the Philippines very well. Oh well. On sundays we are either sitting in meetings all day or doing some kind of studying. And eating. Then every sunday and tuesday night there is a fireside/devotional. Most of them have been pretty good so far, but no big name people yet. The one last tuesday was really good. It was by Melvin Hammond of the 70 and he gave a really strong and powerful talk about the importance of the Book of Mormon. It reminded me of the one by Jeffrey R Holland a while back. Oh yeah, there were a bunch of cameras there to record the missionaries singing some songs for a church movie thats about to come out called "Put your shoulder to the wheel". I guess its about the church movement in Africa. But when it comes out you should watch it because there is a chance I could be famous! My whole district (12 of us) decided to be part of the choir so we also sung in the devotional. Elder Rostedt is really musical and so me and him have been doing a lot of singing (luckily he's patient enough to deal with my voice skills I've inherited!). Its really cool though when just the 2 of us start teaching our investigators by singing a hymn. Our district is practicing a piece to eventually audition and perform in a special musical number. We'll see how that goes.
I can't believe I've forgotten to tell you about E. Rostedt's hiccups! I guess I have just learned to tune them out by now so I keep forgetting. But he has had the hiccups for 4 years straight now and has a hiccup attack every several hours. It wouldn't be so bad if they were quiet, but every time he hiccups it sounds like someone just kicked a doorbell yiper dog. Not sure how that is going to work out for him when he is in the middle of a spiritual moment at an investigator's house.
About the mini PMG--my roommates E Dickey and E Mansfield would like one as well. So if you could get 3 English ones, color, quarter size, and no lamination unless it is free (it is 3 bucks to do it here), that would be awesome. And yes, I'd like fries with that! Haha. They said just let me/them know how much and they'll send some money. Thanks!
As for some of your questions, I highly doubt Bro. Sutherland saw me playing soccer because I have never played it. But I do see Josh every once in a while. And I have seen the Woodfields once, and the Millers twice. Whenever I talk to someone new, E Rostedt is start to catch on and say "let me guess, you know them from high school? College? They are your neighbor?" I do see people I know every day so it is weird. But my branch president is President Stott. He is a judge so he always knows whats up. It's kind of intimidating when he tells stories about how he sent people to jail. Haha. I do see President Taylor in the halls but I don't think he has the slightest clue who I am, so I havn't said anything. And I am just as curious as you to see if I have gotten any fatter! I havn't seen a scale since I've left. But I can only imagine at this rate, I'm going to gain a few pounds! I eat nothing but sugar and grease in here.
Dad, sounds like you are having some good times on the horse trips! Sounds like fun. Make sure and tell Buster hello for me. Oh, and Kimbal too. Haha.
Well it is time for me to push send or not send at all, so ramble random things to you next week!
Mahal Kita!
Elder Nay


 

No comments:

Post a Comment