Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, November 19, 2012

19 November 2012



Magandang Hapon po!

Kamusta!
Pretty crazy that Thanksgiving is already here. It seems like just a few months ago you were telling me about LAST Thanksgiving. There is certainly no such thing as Thanksgiving here, but President Carlos reminded us all to make it a special day and buy some yummy food. That should be a fun several days though to have the gang back together again. Make sure and shoot off a few guns in my behalf. ;) 
Last week I had the chance to go on exchanges back in my first area, and then go back again to observe some baptisms. It was fun to see many of the old people and members I used to work with and some of their progression. One of the people that was fun to teach and then observe the baptism of, was the older lady I told you about a while ago that had a stroke then asked for a priesthood blessing. At the time I didn't think much of it, but when she saw that I would be teaching her that afternoon she was very happy and thanked me again for administering a blessing. At her baptism, she bore a powerful testimony that she knows this is the only true church. Because of her stroke, she can’t talk very strongly or walk very well or use her left arm. But, she still has the faith to pray and ask our Heavenly Father to provide her husband with a job so that she can have the money to pay for transportation to and from church every week. And wouldn't you believe it, she always has money to come to church. If she can do it, so should everybody else! 
I have definitely been doing a lot more "tracting" here than ever, but one thing I realized is that for some people, it only takes a simple visit and a little friend-shipping to bring somebody back to church. Often times, it really doesn't take that much effort. Just a little letting them know that you care for them. 
We have also been busy trying to find an apartment (what a surprise... haha) for a couple of areas, including ours, and have resorted to walking into the city buildings in order to talk to people that might know of something. It was kind of intimidating, but it is definitely making me more used to talking to random people! 
Well, thanks for your emails and enjoy a Thanksgiving weekend! Congratulations to Mom too for growing a tumor thing. Sounds like fun. 
Mahal ko kayo!
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment