Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, November 12, 2012

12 November 2012


Magandang Hapon po!
Kamusta na kayo jan?
Well, nothing terribly interesting happened this week, except we set the record for our fastest trip from Cauayan to Tuguegarao. We were coming home from the monthly leadership meeting and the bus ride that normally takes about 3 hours only took about an hour and half. It was pretty intense. Just imagine Gibby driving a big bus and then turn it up a couple of notches. I couldn't help but laugh as we were making tricys and cars swerve off to the side of the road as we shot gaps that I didn't think could be shot. 
We were also informed about the election results and needless to say, there were A LOT of disappointed people that day. We were honestly shocked that he was able to win. I asked President Carlos if I could extend my mission for 4 years but he just laughed. Maybe that means yes? Haha. I am debating on exchanging all my personal money now before the economy crashes and burns even more. When I got here it was about 45 pesos to the dollar, when I checked earlier it was 40 pesos to the dollar. It is what it is, better just hang on for 4 years and see what happens.
This is the most "tracting" I've done my whole mission and it has been interesting. In one of our areas, we have found that there seems to be an inactive member in almost every house, and we had no idea. And almost every one of them was baptized by the same Elder about 20 years ago. It gave me a new appreciation for "owning our converts". Every baptism is a serious responsibility and not to be taken lightly. I think too few people realize how important baptism actually is and that it involves making a promise to our Heavenly Father. 
Good luck with your competition on who will be the wuss to turn on the heater. That is pretty crazy to have that much snow in November. 
Thanks for everything you do. You are the best in the whole wide world! 
Mahal ko kayo,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment