Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, February 20, 2012

20 February 2012

Magandang Tanghali po!

Kamusta po sa inyong lahat!
This was a very busy and interesting week. On Tuesday we had Zone Conference which means President Carlos came up to Tuguegarao and of course there was a very yummy lunch. It was a great conference and Pres Carlos always seems to know exactly what to say. Though I'm not sure how I agree with his telling me to give an impromptu message at the end of the conference. Haha. 
Perhaps the most memorable and important part of this week is I've officially had my first dog kick! Haha that makes the score 1 for Elder Nay, 0 for the dogs. I was talking to a lady on a small path next to the river when one dog kept barking louder and louder and getting closer to me. When it got within about 2 feet in front of me, I didn't like the way he was showing his fangs to me and certainly didn't want to go to the hospital to get a rabies shot, so I gave it a solid tap with my toe into its lower jaw and it did a backflip then got up, seemed surprised, then backed up a little bit. I didn't even think I kicked it that hard! I thought I was going to have to go in for round 2 when it started coming after me again, but then I guess it remembered my toe and stopped. 
I guess the baptism of Frederick was pretty cool too. He was pretty excited, and I can tell he's not just getting baptized for the sake of his girlfriend. He is going through a lot of trials in his family as a result but he still presses forward in faith that everything will work out. He is already planning on serving a mission next year. We even lucked out and had 3 investigators show up to his baptism and now also have a baptism date at the end of March. Afterwards there was a nice little shindig with scrumptious food at his girlfriends place. Her family is very generous and really reaching out to him. He is also now in the Young Men's presidency here in the ward, which means that the whole presidency is made up of recent converts (Rommel who was baptized in August, Peter, and Frederick).
I "got" to give a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday. Luckily I was given a little time to gather some thoughts and scriptures and I was kind of surprised at how long I was able to ramble up there, pretty much all in Tagalog. I even had the note handed to me telling me to sit down. I thought I was being nice and doing well and being supportive, but then afterwards one of the counselors asked me if I was mad for chastising them. Oops.
This week should be just as busy as last week and the general young women president is coming to give a fireside with one of the area presidency, which means we get to spend 2 whole days in Tuguegarao and a miserable nights sleep at the Zone leaders apartment. It's also transfer week but I will most likely be staying in Cabagan to finish out the training. But, who knows. 
That's sad to hear about Burns, but at the same time, it should be interesting for you to double the population of Antimony for a day. Haha. 
Happy Birthday to Bryan on wednesday! For your birthday present, you get a wife! Wow, that wedding is coming up quick. Then I'll be the lone ranger in the Nay family. 
Mom-I'm glad your feet havn't frozen off from having to stand in the snow forever. Hopefully it's been long enough now that you are able to laugh about it.
Thanks for the emails and everything you do!
Mahal Kita, 
Elder Nay


No comments:

Post a Comment