Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, May 6, 2013

6 May 2013


Magandang Hapon!

Kumusta po sa inyong lahat!
I just found out earlier that I am getting transferred out of Gamu on Wednesday. :( I feel like over the last 4 months, I have become close with most of the members here and have made some kind of impact in their lives. I have also witnessed the growth of many of the people-investigators, members, and recent converts included. I have seen the amount of the Priesthood attending each Sunday increase largely, several families be sealed in the temple and several more preparing to go in near future, and a “mighty change of heart” in some of the members known to speak harsh words against others and become more active in missionary work. That means that my next area will most likely be my last area because I have 1 more transfer. I have no idea where my next area is, but I'm sure it will be a great last area. It will be hard to leave Gamu, but change is always a good thing... Or so they say. Haha.
Crazy to think Mothers Day is already here. It seems like I just barely called home for Christmas! I'm not sure where I'll be or how good the internet shop will be, but lets just plan on about 8-8:30 my time Monday morning (your Sunday evening). Hopefully that time will also work with whoever my companion is. Haha. Hopefully I can get to see everyone, but if not, I guess I'll be home in 3 months anyways. Haha.
Just found out the Shaners are going home earlier than expected-this Friday. That will be weird to see them go. They have been a great help to the mission and I'm sure have helped out my 2nd area Mallig a ton. 
We also had a 1 day mission in Gamu on Friday, and had a great turnout from the members and came away with many great experiences. I tried to emphasize to them afterwards that every one of them had a special experience by visiting fellow lost sheep, but they don’t need to wait until a 1 day mission or us to invite them to work to have such experiences. That is why we have home and visiting teaching. In my group, we visited an inactive member that Elder Sulla and I have visited and invited to church several times but have never been able to share. With me were the branch president and a couple Nanays in Relief Society. They spent several minutes talking and expressing how much they missed seeing each other at church, and proceeded to share a great lesson about enduring trials, followed by everybody’s testimony. After the lesson, the Sister we visited was the one to say, “I miss being able to get together and talk with fellow members. I will see you at church on Sunday.” Never could I or any other missionary bring that feeling of love and sincerity from other members, if it isn’t for the members themselves actually out in the homes. All I did was sit with and keep her little kids quiet while the members did all the work. I wish every less active could be visited like that! 
Last week was filled with many rain and windstorms, which also means many brownouts. One of the days we even used all of our water storage and I had to go pump water from our neighbors well. Good times. The lightning storms here are pretty amazing-Milo wouldn't like them at all! Haha. One night while it was brownout and crazy rain and lightning, Elder Sulla and I just sat on our 2nd floor balcony and watched and even tried to sleep outside-until the storm went away and it got really hot. Haha.
Yesterday we were invited to eat lunch at the Mayor's house because it was his birthday. It was good to touch base with him again and find out he has been reading the Book of Mormon and has lots of questions. 
Well, I am out of time, but I will see you soon on Skype!
Mahal ko kayo,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment