Philippines Cauayan Mission

Monday, April 9, 2012

9 April 2012


Magandang Hapon po!

Kamusta na kayo?!
I guess I wasn't meant to be the one to break the record of being in Cabagan the longest. Once I found out for sure that I was being transferred on Tuesday afternoon, I spent the last day and night in Cabagan visiting my recent converts and investigators that I have known for a while. When I visited them I shared with them in Alma 27:25-26 about how we are filled with joy when we share our conversion story with others, then basically had a little testimony meeting with all of them and had them share what they had learned from the time I have been with them. It was a great experience to even hear the investigators that havn't been baptized yet share what they had enjoyed from the simple things such as learning how to pray and read the Book of Mormon. At transfer day, it was fun to see everyone again because my whole batch from the MTC was there and I even got to give Elder Allen a pat on the back and talk to him for a few minutes. It was great to see that Elder Landeen (batch from MTC) took my spot in Cabagan and I know he will be able to make it even better. Now I am the follow up trainer of a batchmate of Elder Aguila in the promised land of the Roxas zone. I knew I was heading off to a fun start when after we threw the luggage on the top of the rented jeepney at the transfer meeting and got in, people had to get back out and give it a push so it could be clutch started. Reminded me of great times of pushing the jeeps halfway around the block. Then in the jeepney floor there were decent sized rusted holes to see the road beneath that I was just hoping the extra weight of my foot wouldn't cause it to break through. I am now in the Maliig area with Elder Llorin. Because of conference I haven't been to church in the meetinghouse yet here, but I am told "it will be an interesting experience". When I first arrived I had to haul out boxes of trash and clean up the apartment to make it somewhat safe before I fell asleep that night. Today that was also our P-day activity-cleaning. We got the place looking okay now, but I think after next weeks P-day activity of cleaning will finally make it reasonable. I couldn't believe how disgusting missionaries have let that place get. I don't think it's really been cleaned in well over a year. I am told there are even worse apartments too. The apartment itself isn't too bad, just needs to be cleaned up a bit (or a lot). But, I will definitely miss the Cabagan apartment. Elder Llorin is very nice though and I can tell this is going to be a good cycle because we see eye to eye on a lot of things. He is a Filipino from the San Pablo region. He is also a good cook so I have been getting a lot more decent food.
I got your package this week. It was opened and inspected by the U.S. Customs, but I think everything is still there and in good shape. Thanks for officially inviting me to Bryan's wedding too. I have been practicing some of the magic tricks to be able to show off to little kids. And of course the sugared goodies are a welcome invite. 
My SD card that I've been using finally became victim to the virus filled computers here and now my pictures can't be read by anything except for my camera. I might just send it home in an envelope and let dad mess with it. Luckily I bought a USB and backed them all up about a week before it crashed so there are only a few that I would lose if worse comes to worse. I also have a couple extra SD cards so I should be good until the next virus makes its way over. 
Easter here wasn't anything too special because i'm in a smaller area. But I'm told that the flogging and people hanging themselves on crosses and stuff was going on in Roxas which is about a 30 minute jeepney ride. The only thing here is that old ladies were singing some verses in the New Testament starting at about 5 in the morning until about 11 at night. It reminded me of the mosques in Egypt. And luckily for me, our apartment is right next to where they were singing. 
Well I think that's about all I have time for today. Thanks for writing and for being you!
Mahal Kita,
Elder Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment